The struggles and triumphs of my small slice of the ocean. *Still under construction*

Monday, September 8, 2008

Middle of the tank pic.


I try to make each section of the tank a lil different. The mid is my SPS haven as you can see. I can't put a lot of SPS on the sides as the flow from the vortechs strips the flesh down and in the mid left there is a huge RBTA that kills SPS. As such, most of my larger SPS pieces are found in this pic although a few of my alltime favorites are found elsewhere.

The tough aspect of growing a coral garden is that some grow quicker than others and it does look unabalanced when some corals are much smaller than others. As such, trimming and fragging simply for aesthetics is something I do pretty often. My goal for this tank is to maybe one day be featured in RC... wishful thinking I know... Maybe one day it'll be up to par :).

No comments: