The struggles and triumphs of my small slice of the ocean. *Still under construction*

Friday, February 15, 2008

My saga with the Radiant Wrasse.



One of my absolute favorite fish of all time is the simple lil Radiant Wrasse, Halichores iradius. I find its color contrast to be stunning, and it is simply a joy to watch.

This is my third and likely final try at the Radiant Wrasse... I feel horrible that two other of these beautiful fish came half way around the world only to die abruptly in my tank. The first one was sick when I got it and died during the night. It wouldn't eat, it wouldn't burrow, it wouldn't even swim... The next one developed an infection and died within a week of getting sick. I tried desperately to catch it so I could treat it, but to no avail.

My wife suggested that I give up trying to have one of these beautiful fish in my tank. I agreed... This was six months ago or so. For Valentine's day she surprised me by ordering another Radiant Wrasse. This time from the diver's den on Live Aquaria. Sure it is much more expensive than any other site and even some LFS, but the fish in the den are top notch and certified healthy to some degree. I hope this one makes it as it is a stunning specimen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love asses i mean wrasses

T said...

Beautiful! How is it doing?